The Parkway Council's major priorities include:
- Working with all Parkway stakeholders, create a dynamic and exceptional “sense of place” in the Parkway Museums District for residents and visitors, through quality, sustainable programming and other enhancements.
- Advocate the priorities of the Parkway Council institutions and organizations with appropriate City and State administration and elected officials.
- With City administration, work to identify appropriate uses for the Parkway.
- Advocate for development on and adjacent to the Parkway which complements the existing cultural institutions and distinctive Parkway setting, and monitor major Parkway construction projects.
- Use major events in Philadelphia to highlight the Parkway Museums District and its institutions.
- Identify new sources of revenue and fundraising support.